Last Updated on

WELCOME TO Mechanical Department

Course Duration 4 years
Year of Establishment 2011
Intake 60
Approved by AICTE, New Delhi
Affiliated to Dr. Babasaheb Ambedkar Technological University, Lonere

Mechanical Engineering leading to the bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering is having a structured curriculum that prepares students for a broad range of career choices in the field of mechanical engineering. The Course is intended for students whose career objectives require greater flexibility. Mechanical engineering deals with design and production of tools, machines and all other mechanical equipment to be used in industries. Our Department prepares the mechanical engineers who are the driving force behind many of our technologies and industrial processes including innovative products.

The Mechanical Engineering department accredited with institute level accreditation program of National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC) with B+ grade.

Our Department offers specializations in areas like thermal engineering, design, and production engineering etc. Our Students when enter the world of industries work mainly in the most reputed manufacturing firms.

Undergraduate

The B.Tech in Mechanical Engineering is a comprehensive degree program. The goal of the mechanical engineering curriculum is to create a flexible undergraduate educational experience in design, mathematics, modeling, computing, management, engineering science, humanities, social sciences and fine arts. Principal study topics include fluid mechanics, thermodynamics & heat transfer, solid mechanics, materials engineering, manufacturing, energy systems, theory of mechanics, finite element analysis, quality control, CAD/CAM and others. This broad and flexible program with number of elective subjects and NPTEL courses allows students to customize their programs to meet their objectives and particular career goals.

Postgraduate

The M. Tech. Mechanical Engineering is having structured curriculum set by DBATU University. It has advanced subjects of design, thermal as well manufacturing. Also offered advanced practical laboratory works to the students with main focus on research.

Mechanical Engineering Association (MEA)

It is the forum for students to develop their professional skills. MESA is among the most active student bodies in the institute. Every Mechanical Engineering student beginning with the second year in the program at YTC is a member of MESA. Mentored by experienced faculty members of the Mechanical Engineering department, students take upon many initiatives that prepare them to face the challenges of the future. Last year programs like Savitribai Phule Jayanti, CAD event conducted under this forum.

Industrial Connection

The department has various MoUs with eminent industries. These connections served to benefit students in the form of good placements, industrial visits, well-equipped laboratories and industrial exposure. The participation of industrial visits in curriculum designing has helped the department to keep pace with fast-changing industrial needs. The department also benefits from the visiting professor which highly experienced senior executives deliver lectures to staff and students.

Careers

Mechanical Engineers have a broad spectrum of opportunities in Industrial giants in the field of Energy, Oil and Gas, Manufacturing, Steel, Automotive, Robotics and Information Technologies. Many IT industries also have CAD/CIM divisions, which increases the job potential of mechanical engineers in IT industries too. Total 95% of the students are placed in reputed industries practicing core and allied engineering, through campus recruitment and the remaining 5% prefer higher studies.